Frequently Asked Questions

The police MUST help you. Here is a notice listing the duties of the police. If the police don’t help you, ask for the station commissioner and ask to lodge a complaint against the police officers.

Yes, in your application, you can ask for the protection order to provide that the abuser does not abuse you and not enter a certain part of your shared residence.

When you apply for a protection order, you can ask the court to make an order that your abuser pay you emergency monetary relief.

  • Give the warrant of arrest you received with the protection order to the police. If you are in imminent danger, the police will arrest your abuser. If not, he will be given a notice to appear in court the next day.